Working with VC & PE firms
- With VC backing, a company in the specialist field of parachute manufacture was in the process of purchasing a rival company. Our assessment processes were used to help them decide which executives from the two companies should be offered which jobs in the combined entity.
- When two international engineering groups merged in a £500m deal, supported by a major bank, they had between them over 100 plant and functional directors in six countries. We conducted a talent audit, advising on appointments, new ways of working and where the responsibilities for future management development should lie.
- For a PE backed MBO of a specialist company with a global brand, we assessed the management team. We judged that the FD was not up to dealing with the City Institutions to facilitate the intended expansion of the business, and recommended a strongly outward-looking director be placed on the board by the PE house.
- A Continental European PTT had a specialist British marketing company in their sights to purchase. This coincided with the exit strategy of the founder and owner manager. However, our evaluation of the two potential successors to his role indicated that neither was currently suitable and the deal did not progress.
- The Chair and Chief Executive of a FMCG company with a household name was planning to step down from his CEO role. We evaluated his preferred successor, confirming that his choice was sound and produced a detailed development plan to support the new CEO in his position.